Wednesday, July 23, 2014

What's been happening around Ayres Acre Advice: Little Land, Landing Big

I just wanted to touch base with all of you that are following me by either Google + or email, YouTube or what have you. The past few days I have been checking on my garden, pulling weeds, I ended up having to pull up my carrots because they just weren't growing properly so I went to Meijer's and for $1.37 a packet I bought some new seeds that are for August planting season. This will give me carrots around September 28th or so, which will be good because most of my canning will be completed by then and this will give me some time to can these new carrots. I will have a video on that coming soon to show you what I found when I went to check on them. I will be planting the new seeds next week and I will be adding that into my video that I've taken already. I have also been having some great luck with my chickens and the new coop that we built. I am averaging 3 to 4 eggs a day! The feed only cost me 13 bucks for 50 pounds and will last me for months. Considering eggs are around 3 dollars a dozen, looks like it's all going to be well worth it! I have also rearranged some landscaping bricks because my drip edge on my house isn't up tight against the house so it always washes out the dirt with a hard rain. So I laid those down one day and we had a hard rain the other day and...NO WASH OUT!! :) Now, my sunflowers are finally growing steady! Problem solved. However, I do need to get a ladder and tack that drip edge back up there right. But the landscaping bricks look nice and really added a nice touch. I also bought some late season cucumber seeds and planted those a few days ago as well. I have 4 new hills so lets cross our fingers because cucumbers is something that my family eats a lot of. Well that about sums it up, thank you all for your continuous support!! I love what I do and I hope that my tips and videos so far have helped you and your family save some money and helped you to find new ways to do things that perhaps you may not have thought of.

Below is a picture of my garden only a few weeks in and then a picture of it just taken the other day. Lookin good!!

Sara Ayres









No comments:

Post a Comment