Saturday, July 12, 2014

Today it has been sprinkling on and off and making it hard for me to get out there and make the chicken feeder like I need to get done. I am excited to get the video rolling. And with the rain, can't mow my lawn either. So to take advantage of the day, I went and did some grocery shopping and took the scenic route home. On days like this, I take advantage of getting those "other" things done that are good rainy day things. I am also doing some research on some new places that might hold some available resources. I am always looking for new ways to save money, and perhaps, time. One place I like to look is on craigslist. There is a "free" section and today, I have found several nice items, including a free house!!! Just have to move it. However, I won't be doing that, but it just goes to show that there ARE free things out there, you just need to know where to look. One thing to always remember, if you do buy something from someone whom you don't know, never go alone when you go to conduct your business. With that said, I have found some free lumber, just need to go pick up. :) Even if you find something that you don't need right now, go pick it up anyway, because I'll show you how things that I've picked up a year ago, are being put to good use this summer. And, if it's a great item, and you know you won't ever use it, such as say a free couch or what have you, if you have the room, go pick it up, and then you can use that to sell for money, or barter with and get something that you  need. I have bartered to get things that I've needed. It's just another great useful way to be self reliant! And that's always a plus!!! Happy hunting and pray for sunshine tomorrow so I can get out the power tools and get started on making videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment