Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Video: Chicken Feeder for Medium to Full Size Chickens

 Chicken Feeder
for 
Medium to Full Size Chickens


Today I created a video on how to make a chicken feeder for medium to full size chickens. The link is just before the step by step instructions. It is a simple project and will save you money. All it takes is your time (which took me roughly 20 minutes), and if you have the materials on hand (from previous projects or scouting), use those or you can purchase the items at any hardware store such as Menards, Lowe's, etc. I ended up purchasing the boards from Menards because I had already used what I had for something else. I walked out of Menards spending under 5 bucks and that included my water I bought :)

Materials:

1- 1x6 Base
1- 1x4 Sides
1- 1x1 1/2 spinning top
A hand full of nails (I used trim nails)


Tools:

Handsaw
Hammer
square
carpenters pencil

http://youtu.be/tbSN-5Z029k

Directions:

1. Cut the 1x6 in half so you have two 3 foot pieces and set one piece aside for later use.
2. Cut the 1x4 in half so you have two 3 foot pieces.
3. Nail both 1x4 pieces to each side of the 1x6 making sure it's flush on both ends.
4. Now take the 1x6 that you set aside and cut two pieces 8" long. These will be your side pieces.
5. Cut a notch in the ends of both 8" piece so a nail can freely spin inside it
6. Tap each 8" piece into the ends of the feeder and nail those on firmly.
7. Cut the 1x1 1/2 piece into 33 3/4" long and tap in a nail into both ends. Tap it in there firmly but not all the way.
8. Put the 1x1 1/2 piece with the nails in both ends into the notch that you cut in the 8" sides.

WOE LA you have your chicken feeder for medium to full sized chickens made. Congratulations!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment